Sunday, August 26, 2007

First week at SAS

My manager stopped by my office this past Friday afternoon and asked "so how was your first week?" My genuine response was "Great! I'm really glad to be here."

He put this note on the Documentation Development website: "Michael Harvey, a person who seems to hardly need an introduction to our division, started in Business Analytics Documentation on August 20. He has a long career in technical writing, working most recently as a Senior Manager at EMC. Many in Doc Dev already know Michael, whether it be from his stint as a technical writing instructor at Durham Tech, his turn as a manager at Data General, or his leadership roles at the STC Carolina chapter (where he is currently the chapter president)..."

I'm really looking forward to learning about my subject matter (risk management), learning a new set of tools, and adapting to a new professional environment.

No comments: