Wednesday, November 23, 2005

We gather together

My wife will start cooking the organic, free-range turkey breast around 10:00 a.m. My parents' brown Buick will pull into the driveway shortly after 11:00. My mom is bringing iced tea, both sweet and unsweetened. My father-in-law will arrrive between noon and 12:30. This year, my sister is driving to Connecticut with her husband and daughter to visit her mother and sisters in law. Otherwise she'd be here with deviled eggs.

We'll gather around the dining room table with its extra leaf around 1:00 or 1:30. We got the turkey breast for free because of a mixup at the store. They couldn't find my wife's original order even though she placed it in person last week. They offered this turkey breast at a reduced rate, but she still balked at the price. So the store manager said, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

We have much to be thankful for.

No comments: